This blog from the VERSO team was too good to not share! Such great info on how NMN and Resveratrol can assist in fertility.
THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN RESVERATROL & MALE FERTILITY
There's a harmful myth that male infertility is never an issue when couples try to conceive, that infertility problems always stems from women's bodies. False! The male factor infertility accounts, cumulatively, for half of a couple’s infertility, being solely present in 30% of couples. That’s right, infertility is not a women’s issue - it’s an everyone issue. How can resveratrol help improve a man’s fertility success?
- Resveratrol has a protective role against sperm DNA damage caused by oxidative stress, so it could have a therapeutic effect in men with idiopathic (unknown) infertility.
- A pilot trial has shown that nutraceuticals containing resveratrol have a positive effect on sperm concentration, total sperm count, and both total and progressive motility, without affecting sperm morphology, ejaculate volume, and pH.1
- Studies have shown that resveratrol added to semen samples after freezing was able to significantly preserve DNA and lipid damage in both infertile patients and fertile men, but it was not able to prevent the post-freezing motility decrease.
NMN & FEMALE FERTILITY
More women than ever are choosing to get pregnant at an older age, relative to previous generations. Increasing age has a major detrimental impact on female fertility, which, with an aging population, has major sociological implications. This impact is primarily mediated through deteriorating quality of the oocyte. Deteriorating oocyte quality with biological age is the greatest rate-limiting factor to female fertility success. How can NMN help?
- A study showed that treatment with NMN restored oocyte quality and fertility in aged animals, and when the analysis was applied to oocytes from aged animals treated with NMN, 85% of these oocytes were classified as having the auto-fluorescent signature of young animals.
- NMN treatment altered the metabolic profile of oocytes, increasing free NAD(P)H, protein bound NAD(P)H, redox ratio and the ratio of bound to free NAD(P)H.
- The frequency of oocytes with simultaneously high NAD(P)H and flavin content was also significantly increased in female mice treated with NMN.
- Young and aged +NMN oocytes had a smoother spectral distribution, with the distribution of NAD(P)H in young oocytes specifically differing from that of aged oocytes.
Many VERSO NMN & Resveratrol users experiencing perimenopause report getting their regular menstrual cycles back! More research needs to be done to see NMN's potential for treating infertility.
REVERSING MORPHOLOGY OF OCYTES
IMPROVING DIMINISHED OVARY RESERVE